Healthy homes that look after you and the environment
These may sound like obvious criteria, but the reality is very few buildings actually provide this, and even fewer can prove to perform as well as intended.
How it Works
- Lots of Insulation; to keep buildings warm during the cold months and cool during warmer months.
- Better windows; strategically positioned highly insulated windows do their part to make optimal use of the sun’s energy
- Ventilation with heat recovery; Passivhaus ventilation systems provide fresh, pollen and dust-free air, but still allow you to open the windows!
- Airtightness; Passivhaus’ are designed to avoid leakages in the building envelope, which improves energy efficiency and prevents draughts and moisture damage
- Thermal bridge free design; avoiding thermal bridges, weak points in the building envelope, contributes to pleasant, even temperatures while eliminating moisture damage and improving energy efficiency
Before we really understood Passivhaus, we were building homes that performed far in excess of building regulations. Even today, we recognise not all clients want a certified Passivhaus, but that doesn’t stop us designing the most efficient homes we can.